Image Map

Snap Happy!

07 April 2011

For the longest time I have always had the desire to take pictures. In high school I used to love when I would get the opportunity to carry the Cannon around and take picture of things on campus. During my junior year it was so fun to flip through the yearbook and see my pictures printed on the pages. It was seriously the coolest. After high school when I started working full time I told myself that one day I would buy a “REAL” camera. Valerie and I would talk about it all the time about how much the two of us wanted to get a really nice camera and possibly explore more of the options of photography.

On the day of Missy’s bridals my eyes were really opened and I found that spark inside again for photography. I saw all these wonderful colors and ideas! Later that night I went home and talked to Thomas and expressed once again my desire for photography and how much I would love to be able to take pictures more often. We talked about all the different options and then talked a little more about cameras. Thomas bought me a wonderful touch screen Nikon [11 megapixels] for Christmas two years ago. I have tried time and time again to take quality pictures with it but for whatever reason it doesn’t work out. We decided that it was going to be best if we bought a new camera. [Yesss!]

We look a lot of time to research the perfect camera for us. We knew that with a family in the future we were going to want to be able to take lots of pictures plus when we travel, etc; we would want to have a nice and durable camera; one that hopefully wouldn’t get out dated quickly. I reached out to a few friends and got their opinions. They all agreed – either a Cannon Rebel or a Nikon. Both of which are so similar.

Well… the day finally came. It was a random Saturday afternoon and Thomas and I had agreed to take Emily to her soccer game. About an hour before we needed to leave the thought popped into my head – I need the camera, now! And so we went and bought a camera.




Thomas and I would both agree – best purchase we have ever made.

I got a super bundle deal at Best Buy and ended up getting a sweet lense, case/bag (for hiking), memory card and shutterfly book. It was such a great deal!

Since we purchased the camera I have been dying to use it any time I can. Whether its random shots on the couch or on family walks at the park or Emily’s soccer game – any chance I get.

I signed up for a class on May 5th with a local photographer who teaches on the side. I am so excited! It’s a full day of nothing but getting to know our camera and more so getting to know yourself.  

Enough with the wordy stuff… Here are some photos I have taken recently. 








Excuse the many, many photos of the puppies. I dont have babies and they are the next best thing 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got your camera! You will absolutely love it! Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it... and i love your babies

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a nice camera so bad!!! I will have to talk to you about the one you got because i want to get one soon and don't have any clue about them.

    ReplyDelete