Image Map

Sister, Sister!!

26 April 2011


I think for the longest time the thought of Missy moving away never really sunk in [sank in?? Weird... I don't know]. I think I just thought nothing would change and since I didn't live at home anymore when she got married it would just mean she was married .... but it doesn't. Missy lives in a whole different town, with a whole different zip code and its own post office.

Never the less I was excited for Missy to get married and become a wife. I kinda thought that her being married would bring us closer....and I think it has! Because she doesn't live here I try my hardest to call her or text her a few times a week. 

Living away from your siblings definitely gives you a sense of regret while growing up. Sometimes I wish I had made more of an effort or that i would have laid on her bed and just laughed a lot more. 

I miss her hugs a lot but most of all her smile. 
I miss the way it made me feel after a crappy day or the tone of her voice when she would ask me how work was. 
I miss her arguing with Emily over make up and shirts. 
I miss snuggling in bed the night before Christmas. 
I miss jamming out to music on the way to school and her attitude when I would play the same sappy song over and over again depending on the day.
 I miss showering in the bathroom and peeking around the shower curtain  to see her peeing or doing her hair.(One bathroom + 3 daughters =trouble in the mornings.) 
I miss sonic drinks and driving to "Taco Bell." 
  I think the point is that I miss all the little things that I thought were nothing then.... its crazy how much they mean now.

So here's to the one girl who still loves me after shoving her head against a door frame and who means more then she will ever know... 




I love you Lissa Rie!

1 comment: