This week, Baby is the size of a: Standard letter! (in length – he’s getting so big!)
How far along? 23 weeks
Due date: 06/14/2013
Total weight gain/loss: 8.9+ lbs (of Mason love)
Maternity clothes? Still just my work slacks – everything else is fitting right now. Super super stoked that my JEANS are still fitting! Wahhoo! May have to use a hair tie to keep they closed (for Mason’s sake – if I don’t... he kicks me and kicks me until I loosen my pants.)
Sleep: Still good. I have been known to pass out {hard} from time to time. Thomas will be doing homework or studying in bed and will look over and I am zonked out.
**Funny story… a few days after V Day I was laying in bed. I told Thomas I would love a strawberry from down stairs. He wanted to get some of his yummy fudge anyways but told me it was going to be few minutes. No worries… The next thing I remember is waking up – Thomas was turning the bedroom light off. I immediately said, “Hey!! What about my strawberry?!!!!” He looked so confused. He tried to explain that he didn’t want to wake me up and that I was “passed out.” To which, I argued that I was not passed out and just resting my eyes waiting for my strawberry. He rolled his eyes a little and went down stairs to get me the strawberry. Don’t mess with a pregnant girl and her strawberries!
Movement: Umm, homeboy is one big kicker! Some days it feels like a Zumba class, kickboxing extreme, full marathon, longest second half of a soccer game – ever in there. He kicks those little legs sooo much. Usually I welcome those little love bumps but some days he isn’t nice to his mama and kicks really really hard. Thomas is cant always feel them on the outside but – but when he does his smile it priceless!
Cravings: Enjoying Snapple peach tea, Arnold palmers, Arizona – “Golden Bears” {Mango + Lemonade; delish!!} Nothing food related… I have craved like pasta randomly.
Food Aversions: Chinese still doesn’t sound good – ever. But I have learned that bananas, strawberries and walnuts all make my tongue super super itchy! Things that normally I can eat in excess amounts. Hopefully post baby this itchiness goes away because I love all three of those things.
Symptoms: Slight discomfort – more so random ugly faces when something doesn’t feel good. My hips are starting to hurt after a long night of sleep. Other than that – things are great!
Gender: Boy
Feeling toward Pregnancy: I wouldn’t say “I love pregnancy” but I definitely don’t hate being pregnant. Things have gone very smooth {knock on wood} and I am hopeful they will remain the same for the duration. I am however really really wanting to see my little guy. I told Thomas I don’t think I can wait until 30 weeks for another chance to see him.
What I miss: A good run after a long day – my lady lumps not being so lumpy – laying on my back in bed.
What I am looking forward to: Kind of strange but I cant wait to get this glucose test over with next month. Hopefully the odds and results will be in my favor!

No comments:
Post a Comment