Image Map

Puppy Time!

03 January 2010

On December 4, 2009 we welcomed our newest addition to our soon family

Tucker Godfrey
Born: October 15, 2009


on our way home for the first time

Tucker's Story: Thomas and I had just finished our Spanish final on Saturday December 4th. We are kinda hungry and decided we would head over to the new Mexican market my aunt had told me about. We got there and fell in LOVE with this place. They had the best homemade chips and tortillas. After spending a good hour walking around looking at all the cool things we ended up spending 70.00 on groceries. We got everything from homemade chips, a footlong churro, Jarrito's (Thomas's FAVORITE), Mexican suckers, jalapenos and cilantro. As we were walking out a lady was walking around the parking lot and she had two of the cutest puppies I had ever seen in her jacket pocket. I of coarse wandered over to see them. I was in LOVE. Not thinking anything of it then.. we continued walking to the car. After loading all the groceries in the car i kept asking Thomas if he thought they were for sale. He kept saying NO, of coarse. As he went and returned the carts he realized that they now only had one puppy. Upon getting back in the car I begged him to go and ask how much they were selling the pups for. He kept saying NO he wasn't going to go ask... over and over again. I then got pretty smart. I told him if HE didn't ask -- he wasn't going to be allowed to have ANY of the things I just bought. Him being a man, loving food, decided he would just ask. I mentioned that if they were under $200.00 I was going to get one! The conversation went as followed:

Thomas: Hey, are you guys selling those puppies?
Mexican lady (with a thick Mexican accent): Yes.
Thomas: Ugh, how much? (clenching his teeth as he waited for the answer)
(I was on the edge of my seat by now, if you couldn't imagine.)
Mexican lady: $100.00
Thomas: #@*$ (interpret as you would like, but to set your mind at ease it started with an "F")

*PAUSE*

Thomas: We'll take it! (As he shifted the car into drive and re-parked it)

Mean while I jumped out of the car quicker then you could have imagined. And thats the first time I held my baby in my arms. (If I remember right I think I actually teared up a bit too)

Thomas proceed into the store where there happened to be a Wells Fargo (convenient right?) And withdrew $100.00 out of our Wedding Savings.

I had a new puppy! WE had a new puppy! The shock then set in as we were driving home "oooing" and "awing" over this new bundle of joy! I called Valerie right a way, of coarse. She was thrilled and very excitied.

He's such a fun puupy! He's full of energy and loves to play! We're so lucky to have him in our cute little family.

our little boy; daddy's dream, mommy's joy

No comments:

Post a Comment