
Like everyone else Thomas and I sat down and made a list of New Years resolutions. Surprisingly we 70% of our resolutions were very very similar. After thinking about it we thought the best thing to do with our resolutions is to type them out and keep them someone were we look often. We decided we would post them on out blog and put another copy on the mirror in my bedroom; this way we see the list all the time.
We also broke them into 5 different lists.
- Personal Goals
- Couple Goals
- Personal “NEED to-do”
- Couple “NEED to-do”
- What we need from each other.
So.. here they are.
Sam’s 2010 Resolutions
Personal Goals:
I would like to train and participate in a organized event. (5K, Mini Marathon, etd.)
I would like to become closer to my Savior.
I would like to develop a stronger relationship with my mom.
I would like to become more consistent.
I want to be the best wife i can be.
I would like to meet new people and/or make new friends (in my new ward)
I would like to eat healthy.
I would like to PRIORITIZE!
I would like to be a size 14 by the wedding!
Couple Goals:
I want us to put Christ at the center of our relationship.
I want us to complete the Book of Mormon, as a couple, by the wedding, June 26th!
I want us to marry my eternal companion in the temple.
I want us to learn something new together.
I want us to become closer with my in-laws.
I NEED to loose weight and get into shape.
I NEED to DO my visiting teaching, each and every month.
I NEED to be self-motivating.
I NEED to say my personal prayers.
I NEED to focus on school.
I NEED to become more self-reliant.
Couple NEED to-dos:
We NEED to remain worthy to enter in the temple together.
We NEED to be positive and use kinds words.
We NEED to work on being patient with one another.
We NEED to work on being straight forward with one another.
We NEED to BUDGET and learn to live within our means by practicing provident living.
What I need from Thomas:
I need Thomas to be more motivating and inspiring.
I need you to push me and hold me completely accountable.
I need you to help be become a better person.
I need you to want ME to be beautiful.
Thomas’ 2010 Resolutions
I want to save more money.
I was to loose weight.
I want to get in shape.
I want to eat better.
I want to pray nightly.
I want to read scriptures nightly.
I want to be more thoughtful.
I want to be less selfish.
I want to be more proactive .
I want us to get married in the temple.
I want us to save money together.
I want us to do nightly prayer as a couple.
I want us to do nightly scriptures.
I want us to get into shape.
I NEED to do my home teaching (Thanks Sam)
I NEED to be fully worthy to enter the temple.
I NEED to study FIVE days a week.
I NEED to get better grades.
We NEED to be completely worthy to enter the temple.
We NEED to communicate better.
What I NEED from Sam:
I need you to push me to study more often.
I need you make me eat better by supporting good eating habits.
I need you to be more patient with me when I mess up or don’t understand.
I need you to SPELL things out for me.
The list seems a little daunting and maybe even a bit scary but I believe that as a couple we are able to accomplish anything we put our mind to. If we do everything on this list by the end of the year we will be un-stoppable!

No comments:
Post a Comment