Image Map

Merry Christmas to Us!

11 January 2010

After wracking my brain for the perfect gift to get my best friend for Christmas.. I randomly called her a week or so before Christmas with the brilliant idea of a "Girls Day." I've been wanting to get a massage and pedi for some time but couldn't bring myself to spend the money on JUST me. So I thought "What if Val and I had a spa day for Christmas?" I would pay for one and she would cover the other -- FABULOUS right??

Right it was! Val loved the idea and i LOVED that she loved it. So the countdown began till our infamous spa day. It seemed like before Christmas that the day would never come soon enough. And then when it finally happened it went all too fast!

We started our girls day with smoothies and shared a breakfast wrap! (Thanks Val) It was soo yummy! Following that we headed to our massages @ massage envy! At first the thought of us having a "couples" massage sounded kind of funny. But, knowing the two of us.. it would have bothered us if we weren't able to be in the same room together. After undressing and climbing onto each of our massage tables the stress and tension of wedding planning and the upcoming semester seemed to slip away the room fell completely silent!

After a wonderful 47 min of pampering we were off to pedicures! Which were equally as needed and enjoyed!

To finish up our day we spent the early hours of the evening getting Val all packed for her trip to Chicago!

Although the pampering was very much enjoyed my favorite part of the whole day was spending it with my BEST friend. I am really looking forward to next christmas and carrying on this newly established tradition!!

No comments:

Post a Comment