Let me first preface this by saying that this is Thomas making this post. Ever since I stopped playing baseball a few years ago I have been trying to find something to do that gives me the same excitement that I got out of playing ball. After a few months and a few different activities, I finally found something that gave me that excitement, shooting. Shooting had become something that I had really come to enjoy. Whether it was shooting a target or blowing up Tannerite, I was hooked and couldn’t stop thinking about it. After a few times of shooting I had made the decision that I wanted to buy my own rifle. I had searched several different places like Bass Pro Shops and online, but wasn’t able to find anything that I liked that was within my price range. Finally, I heard a tip from an old friend that Dick’s Sporting Goods had some pretty decent rifles for the price that I was looking for. So finally, after putting it off for a while I made the long drive over to the Galleria Mall and into Dick’s. The salesman in the hunting center was really helpful and pointed me to their book of rifles and I started to browse. Initially, I was planning on buying a savage rifle because I couldn’t find a Remington that was within my price range. So as I looked through the book I was starting to resign myself to the fact that I would be buying a Savage. Then I saw it. On the last page of Remington rifles I found what I had been looking for, A Remington 700 SPS Left-Handed bolt action rifle. And it got even better when I saw the price for it. It was actually in my price range. I could not believe it. Every other place that I had visited their prices were through the roof, but Dick’s had it and it was in my range. I was so excited that I called Sam right away and the only thing I could say was “I found it”, over and over again. I left because I wanted to make sure that I wasn’t just going to buy it impulsively and actually thought it through. After about 5 hours of weighing my options I made the drive back to Dick’s and ordered it. After my brief background check and a week of waiting, I got the phone call to let me know that it was in. I was so excited I drove right down there and picked it. I was so excited. I finally had my very own rifle. It was in a .243 caliber, which makes it a lot easier to go coyote hunting but still allows me to go deer hunting.
Now I only had two more things on the list to buy, a scope and a bipod. The bipod was a lot easier and cheaper to buy than the scope so I bought that first. I ordered it through Cabela’s outdoors on the computer and that arrived in a few days. Last and not least now was the scope. After doing some research I finally decided on the one that I wanted, a Redfield 3-9 x 40 variable scope. Now my only problem is raising the money to purchase this scope. Once I finally have my scope that will complete my purchases and it will be time to take it out and have some fun. I do need to send a big thank you to the wife for allowing me to spend the money to fund my hobby. Once I get my scope and use it for the first time, I’ll let everybody know how it went. Until next time, T.



No comments:
Post a Comment