Image Map

The wonderful, Sarah!

16 May 2011



Two weeks ago I had the opportunity to attend a fabulous Relief Society activity – it was actually my first time making to an activity. I was so excited that everything panned out and I was able to make it because we had the wonderful Sarah Nitta as a quest speaker. Sarah is currently a contestant on NBC’s Biggest Loser. Her and her mom, Demi, were the Pink Team. I have known Sarah and her fabulous husband for a little over two years. She moved into Desert View before Thomas and I got married. The little tid bit that I remember most is one Sunday during “Good News Minute” Sarah shared that she was no longer a contestant for Season 10 – why this was good news I have had no idea at the time…. But she was grateful for the opportunity.

Sarah’s storey as so inspirational. I feel like in a lot of ways I relate to her. She expressed that during high school she hid behind her weight because she was very charming. People loved her because she was nice, funny and outgoing. She hoped that when people saw her they wouldn’t see how big she was. This is where I can relate the most. While I as in high school I always had a lot of friends – but I was never the skinny one. Ya’ feel me?




Anyways Sarah mentioned a few keys things that really, really stood out. She said that, we need to live up to who Heavenly Father needs us to be not who we think he wants us to be. No matter what shape or size that is. Also it really isn’t about “motivation” as much as it is about dedication!! Dedication! Dedication!! Dedication!!!



And last but not least she closed with this, “Every excuse is a choice to fail.”


Thank you SO much Sarah for being so real and letting your guard down. The night was truly spectacular!

1 comment:

  1. ahh i love this! and I wish i could have been there to hear her. she sounds wonderful. i am also obsessed with this last quote and will be stealing it for my own motivation :) love ya sam!

    ReplyDelete