Image Map

A picture worth 100 words..

18 May 2011


Now that I have had my camera for about a month or so I felt like I needed to take my knowledge and application to the next level? I feel like I am a master at shooting in automatic but that was it. I started to search for a DSLR camera class held in Las Vegas. You would be surprised how many classes – weren’t held in Vegas. I found class after class in California but nothing really here in Las Vegas. There was one – but it sounded to good to be true. It was a full day of shooting and learning. The class’s motto was, “Learn to shoot out of auto and then some.”

I was so stoked about the class. I had a hard time sleeping on Wednesday night because I was in such anticipation! I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get to take the day off as vacation – instead it was my scheduled day off for the week. That made for a very, very long week!

We got to class at 8:00am on Thursday and boy was it a beautiful day! We started and spent most of the day at Sunset Park. It was so nice out. Hector was extremely knowledgeable.  He has been taking pictures for a long time and made things; make sense? He wanted us to take “full cups.” In the beginning we were all taking “1/2 cups.”

I got a nice little tan and a lot of pictures taken of myself – weird? I am not a “picture” person. But after this class I have learned to live with being pictured.

Here are some fun shots from the day:









I would highly recommend Hector’s class to anyone out there looking to take their photography to the next level. His website and information about classes can be found here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment