Image Map

So much for a camp out!?

05 June 2011


Well… first off, Happy {belated} Memorial Day! I can’t even believe that it is JUNE in only 2 short days! Crrraazzy! This year was one of the first in which the Benites Family did not go camping over the fun three day weekend. We had a wedding to attend {more on that later,} and could not seem to make any trips work and worth the time and drive. I was itching for a vaca though and I think my sweet husband could tell. As we would get text messages through the week from friends and family he would be the first to say, “I’ll text them back babe – don’t worry about it.” I didn’t think to much into it at the time; I had been working 11 days straight and if the text or phone call wasn’t work related I pushed the snooze button on responding. I was drained. I have been running the branch by myself for 3 weeks now and it was becoming a bit overwhelming. I was just tired. Tired of work clothes and work shoes. Tired of waking up early and bringing my lunch. Just burnt out a little. 

Well, whatever then plans Thomas had he hadn’t mentioned anything to me. I was planning on attending my co-workers baby shower and enjoy an evening of Ledford Wedding Bliss. Thomas surprised me with a planned camping trip! All of which included: Our tent, camping chairs,  card games, smores, tin foil dinner, late night talks, bird chirping, etc. Sound pretty fun, huh? Well, Mother Nature had something else in mind. Saturday the wind was beyond horrible – and I mean HORRIBLE. That wind decided to carry itself over into Sunday and bring along with it some pretty nasty rain clouds – right over Mt. Charleston where we would have been camping. The high was going to be 48 during the day and as low as 23 during the evening. Thomas was so not down with that! With the fear of shattering my Memorial weekend camping dreams; Thomas made it work. 

We instead had a “CAMP-IN.”

We set up our tent in our living room – complete with air mattress and camping blankets.



We made our tin foil dinners like planned with yummy salmon!


 We also enjoyed some grilled corn on the cob. We played cards and laughed at the silly things the pups would do.


We took full advantage of Netflix and watched a few movies. The night was so wonderful! We had a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment