Image Map

Everyday Love - can't get enough of this everyday LOVE!

09 January 2011






Some days we truly take it for granted. It's not until you take some time to be away from your loved one that you truly understand -- how much they do for you, how much they care for you, how much they want you to be happy -- I took the time to go to Arizona in October for a much needed (much, much, much - MUCH needed; I think you get the point) but it was great to get away, have a few days off from work but what I hadn't realized was that it was the first time since 2009 that Thomas and I have been away from each other for more then a day and a night. It was weird to watch me adjust to not having him "right" there. It was weird to have to plug my own cell phone into its charger at night and to move to stretch out during the night and not feel his cute bum or elbow close to my head. It was weird to once again have to wake up and call him to say good morning. I realized Friday how, for lack of a better word, dependent, I have fallen accustomed to being on that wonderful man. He is truly my better half and his smile makes me complete.


There are those feminists out there who would mock me and be wincing at the very thought of me utter those words; dependent + man: together. But maybe what I mean is that I am just a happier person with Thomas around.

The lyrics from Rascal Flats says it best:

Each morning the sun shines through my window
Lands on the face of a dream come true
I shuffle to the kitchen for my [hot chocolate]
And catch up on the front page morning news
Then she walks up behind me and throws her arms around my neck
Just another normal thing I've come to expect

It's ordinary plain and simple
Typical, this everyday love
Same ol', same ol' keeping it new
(Same ol'/This everyday love)
Emotional, so familiar
Nothing about it too peculiar
Oh, but I can't get enough
Of this everyday love

Every afternoon I make a phone call
Listen to the voice that warms my heart
I drag myself through a few more hours
Then head on home to try and beat the dark
Her smile will be right there when I step through that door
And it will be that way tomorrow, just like everyday before

No comments:

Post a Comment