Image Map

Baby G | A Birth Story: Part IIII

27 July 2013

The next five minutes were hectic. The nurses started to panic a little. I was progressing so slow that nothing – and I mean nothing – was prepared. All of a sudden I looked around to see nurses rushing in and out of my room. “Oh, shes ready to push?” “Hurry, someone call Dr. Tyre.” I was trying so hard not to push but I was having to fight the pressure pretty hard. 


The anesthesiologist had already turned off the IV that went directly into my epidural. After this point there were no pain meds going in. He said he could give me a shot but wouldn’t be able to give me a very strong dose because then I wouldn’t be able to push. And talk about pushing I was almost allowed to start pushing.

The nurse came in and let me push. The first contraction was coming. Mom and Thomas were right there with me holding both hands. “One, two, three… push, four, five, six, come on Sam, seven, eight, nine, ten. Okay and again push…. “  I repeated that for three 10 second counts through the entire contraction. The nurse exclaimed, “I can see his little head.” The next contraction was coming – I don’t know if I am ready for this. I pushed through another contraction just as Dr. Tyre walked in. As she started getting ready she said, “I thought you said she was ready and the baby was coming?” The nurse sweetly said, “oh she is – we just saw the head. She is a good pusher. “



The next contraction came, “oh my gosh… look at all his hair!!” Thomas chimed in, “Oh babe you can do this. Your almost there!” And we started pushing again. Contraction number four was over and all I wanted to do was breathe. “Come on Samantha you can do this. One more big push,” said Dr. Tyre. “Come on baby… you can do hard things,” Thomas screamed.


One the next contraction Mason was here!!! We did it! I did it! Mason is here!


When people ask me why I decided to use a birth photographer .... it's simple. These three pictures alone were worth every penny. Moments I would have never wanted to miss out on. 

At 3:43 pm on Friday June 21st our little boy had arrived. The wait was finally over. 




I remember looking at that sweet squishy little face and just knowing he was all mine. He was perfect. All ten little fingers and toes were accounted for. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. 




Because I did tear to a grade II I was busy being stiched up and for that reason again I was excited to have Sarah here to capture all these tender moments between Mason and Thomas. 




Mason weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz 
and 21 1/4 inches long






These boys are my favorite



Once Dr. Tyre was done we invited our family to come in and get a peek of our little handsome boy. 










"We did good; sooo good!" 




This boy has stolen my heart. 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. :*) This made me cry! Your story is beautiful, your baby is beautiful, YOU are beautiful!! Thank you for sharing. You had an amazing photographer! <3
    Shannon
    www.craftyshannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete