Image Map

Operation {New Flooring}

04 May 2013

Well…. Its finished! Our new flooring is installed and I couldn’tbe more happy with how it turned out. Thomas and I talked a lot about getting new flooring downstairs before the baby came. I was just so nervous about having this little baby crawling around on the floor not knowing what was “on”the floor.

My fur-babies usually make it outside but sometimes the Princess has a moment and makes an accident inside. When that happened – sometimeswe wouldn’t know until it was too late. The thought of Mason laying on this dirty carpet terrified me.

We decided to take a trip to Home Depot and fell in love with this wood laminate! I thought … now wood laminate – I could totally do that! So, our downstairs definitely needed said wood laminate. And of coarse if I redid downstairs it would only be fitting to replace upstairs.

After a few weeks of deciding – we finally paid – and waited patiently to get our flooring ordered and delivered.  

We decided to save a little and demo downstairs by ourselves…Umm.. never again? We figured its only down stairs … we could totally rip upthe carpet. I mean its not upstairs where there’s more and we would have to haul it downstairs  … It cant be that terrible.

Well… I don’t know what words to use to describe what it was but all I do know is that we wouldn’t have been able to do it without the help of some wonderful family members. At some point my mom, me and pregnant sister were all on our hands and knees scrapping glue off the floor while the boys pulled up the tack strips nail by nail. Nana was such a sweetie and followed us all around with a broom and dust pan trying to clean up as we went. It was definitelya tiring day but I am so grateful for all their help!

Ready for some before and after photos…? Me too! Enjoy!

Before: 










Progress photos:





all of our bedroom stuffed into our bathroom 






After: 






No comments:

Post a Comment