It is crazy to think that a year ago today I was sitting in a hospital room awaiting my “dreaded” knee surgery. So much has changed in this last year – specifically changes in my body.
Since surgery I have tried so hard to take different approach at my physical activity! I am the first to admit that I definitely didn’t make changes as soon as I would have liked to but I in July I turned over a new leaf and have made some amazing changes!
I have:
• Completed 15 weeks of physical therapy
• Completed TWO 5ks (this one was such a blast!) And am planning to complete two more before the end of the year
• Lost 15 lbs since surgery – and kept it off!
• Gone on many vacations; some of which involved a LOT of walking like our trip to the ZOO.
• Added a new piece of furniture to my living room – a stationary bike!
One of the biggest changes in my body since surgery is my ability to sit on the floor without my knees hurting! You know when you were little and you would sit on your feet? Legs bent up under your bum – I could never ever do that! And now… its one of my favorite things to do after a long day. I come over and sit with my pups on the floor and give them nice belly rubs!
I have committed myself to be active each and every day! During August Thomas and I challenged our self with our #FitAugust Instagram challenge. Really in the beginning it was a way for us to hold ourselves accountable to our "new challenge!" I wasnt super crazy about what activity we needed to do but we really focused on CHANGE. Uusually we would sit and walk TV together and instead we would go on walks or ride the bikes in the living room, etc. Small and simple changes. Now, we are onto our second month and our challenge is #SweatinSeptember. If you are on Instragram - JOIN US! By tagging your photos with #sweatinseptember.
I have a goal to complete a half marathon by the end of 2013!
I am truly grateful for modern medicine and those hard working doctors that go through much schooling! I cant wait to see what the next years hold for me and my “new knee!”










No comments:
Post a Comment