Image Map

Vacation Day – 1 :: :: Post Opt. Day -2

05 July 2011

It has been tradition for three years that we spend every 4th of July we have a mini family reunion. I have gotten the time off from work each and every year. It’s the only time that I request and push to get off. Anywho, this year was a little lame. Dad’s new calling required him to go to Catalina with the Boy Scouts; resulting in no family reunion. But, I still had the time off which is why we scheduled Soph’s surgery. The vet said that we needed someone to be with her for the first 10 days.

Nana and I ended up planning a garage sale. We have has a garage full of stuff to get rid of and finally sucked it up and did it. We always have the most fun when we are out setting signs. Nana and I ride around while Thomas runs from corner to corner. We end up laughing our butts off and making tons of not-so-legal U-turns.


It was insanely hot on Friday – we pretty much melted. We didn’t do as good this time as we did on our last sale but it’s always fun spending the day with Nana.

Sophie was able to be picked up anytime after 9 am. Thomas and I drove to get her. The entire way there it seemed like the road was getting longer and longer and that we would never hit our destination.

The vet said she did so wonderful and was up all morning making her presence known, aka – barking a lot!  She was really drowsy. Once we got her home it was very clear – SHE DID NOT WANT TO BE ALONE. As long as you were by her she didn’t bark. As soon as I left her sight she would bark. Day 2 was really the worst of them all. While I sweated my bum off Sophie relaxed in the “condo.” {Oversized dog crate with major padding.}



No comments:

Post a Comment