I'll preface this by saying that this is Thomas writing this post.
In case you didn't know, I took a summer session class this year so that I could be closer to getting my degree. For summer, I took intro to Human Anatomy, a class that I was really excited about taking. The only downside to it is that with it being a summer class, it is only five weeks long which means that my professor had to pack a whole semester into only 5 weeks. The biggest downside to this was how much time I had to spend away from Sam. The classes started the first week of June and went through the first week of July. For the majority of the time it only seemed like I was married for about two hours a night, if that. I would wake up in the morning and have class from 11:20 - 12:50 and then I would have to go immediately from class to work and I would then be at work from 1:15 until at least 5:30. You would think that I would get to go home and spend time with my wife after work but that was barely ever the case. Instead, I found myself with my nose in my computer every night going over powerpoints trying to prepare for the next exam. Finally, after five weeks of aggravation and seeing very little of my wife, it was over. Now all that was left to do was wait for grades to be posted. I kept checking every day to see if they had been posted and after the first few days I became disappointed until one morning when we were both getting ready for work. I pulled up the website and there it sat. The one thing that I had worked so hard for was finally posted and available for my eyes. I couldn't believe it.
I GOT A B!!!!!
I was so excited that I ran into the bathroom and grabbed sam and gave her the biggest hug in the world. I was just in complete shock. I was expecting to get a C. But when I went back and looked at it again, it was the same grade as three minutes prior when I looked at it. I was so excited and happy that it all paid off in the end.
I am just so thankful that I have a wife that has been so supportive of me and my schooling. I am so glad that it was worth all the time that was spent away from her. Now that school is over for the next month, I will definitely be catching up on all the S&T time that I lost over the past 5 weeks.

No comments:
Post a Comment