Since the time Thomas was little all he ever wanted to do was be a doctor. He wanted to work with people and help them. When Thomas was in his third year at UNLV he decided that biology was not something that he loved and unfortunately his grades reflected that. Thomas took a risk and decided to extend his graduation date by an extra year and change his major to kinesiology. His grades started to drastically improve and Thomas loved learning again. His career path was now in line with becoming an Orthopedic Surgeon; with the hope of being able to work with athletes. Thomas was afforded the opportunity to shadow one of the top Ortho’s in Las Vegas for six months. One day he came home from shadowing and told me that he has been doing some thinking and he wasn’t sure if the orthopedic route was for him. He had spent a long day in the OR and he just didn’t love it. Thomas did some soul searching and came to the conclusion that he was going to be a doctor of chiropractic medicine. He set up some shadowing with another local DC and started looking into schools and requirements.
That is when we made a trip to California [where we enjoyed some time on the beach.] Thomas fell in love with SCU. It is a beautiful campus and has a lot to offer its students. After we were done with the tour I could see it all over Thomas’ face, “sign me up.”
Thomas soon went home and started working more closely with the recruiter and actually applied back in late September. After a few weeks of waiting he got his first screening and passed. The only thing we were waiting for was his staff interview. One of the members of the admissions board called Thomas and conducted his interview. When he hung up I could tell he had nailed it!
A few days later we got a call from Jeff, the recruiter, while we were driving home from the store. I didn’t know what do to but for some reason I grabbed my phone and started filming Thomas as he was driving and talking to Jeff. His video is one of the coolest things. Seeing his reaction and his face filled with pure joy was priceless.
With that said we have a lot to do before Thomas leaves in September for school. But with that said, Thomas I just want you to know how proud I am of you!! You are going to do wonderful things! Mason and I are so lucky to have you in our lives!
Thanks for the celebratory dinner dad!












That's inspiring that your hubby just kept pushing on to find where he fit in the doctor world. Congratulations to him and to you! You didn't say anything about this, but I have a feeling you were a great encourager to him through that time!
ReplyDelete