Image Map

Welcome to the family, Veracruz!

28 March 2014


I had been looking forward to the day when my lovely Santa Fe would be paid off. I had been counting down the months since I got pregnant. I thought for sure that I would be driving my awesome Santa Fe until I was a baseball mom or have three littles all in a car seat and we quite frankly couldn’t fit anymore. Well, flash forward to March and my shocks and struts went out in the Santa Fe. It would be paid off in only one more month but was out of warranty, etc.
Anyways… long story short we ended up driving to Car Max on Wednesday evening. We walked around the lot, test drove a Chevy Equinox, talked about pricing, set up a follow up appointment to buy the car. As we were walking out to the car I ask Thomas what time the Hyundai dealership near by closed and he replied, 9 pm. It was 8:47; we decided to go away. We drove in and parked and were greeted by three hungry sales reps. We asked to see their SUV’s and headed to a part of the lot where they were. There was only one Santa Fe (a 2010 puke hunter green) on the lot. I turned to Thomas with disappointment on my face – I was bummed. That was until I walked toward what looked like a mini van to take a peak.
“What is this?!” I exclaimed. The sales rep informed me that it was the Veracruz. It was rolled out in 2010 and actually only a limited number were ever produced between 2010 and 2012. It was the bigger version of the Santa Fe. HOLD YOUR HORSES! A bigger version of the car I already love so much? In pearl white? Leather interior? Say what?  He asked if I wanted to test drive it… no hesitation at all, Thomas said yes.
I was sold from the minute I got into the car. I sat in the drivers seat and knew this was it! Where had this car been all my life?  







I love it so much! It's everything I ever wanted in a car and more. 

I can't wait for all the memories well be able to create and all the road trips well enjoy in this car. 




1 comment: