Image Map

Being a mom | Year one.

15 May 2014


I wrote this post a while ago about becoming a mom. But as I was writing Thomas’ Father’s Day card and the thought of reflecting on my first year of being a mom popped into my mind. This past year has been one of the best years of my life. I can wholehearted say that I having Mason has changed my life in the most amazing way possible. Marrying my best friend was only the being… becoming a parent with my best friend was even better.
So, year one; done. It’s crazy to think how fast it flew.

Top five memorable moments of being a mom:
-Hearing Mason say “mama” for the first time (before dada in case you were wondering)
-Mason giving me a “kiss” … even though it was open mouth I’ll totally take it
-Mason crying when I left for work – hardest thing ever but so fulfilling at the same time.
-Mason squealing when I walk in after work and seeing his eyes light up
-Watching Mason get off the bed for the first time – it sounds silly but it was one of the first things I taught him

Top five hardest moments of being a mom:
-Seeing Mason in pain – more specifically while teething. That inconsolable pain.
- Teaching Mason the word, “no” – we have yet to hit the hardest part
-Being away – being a working mom is HARD. H.A.R.D.
-Being away – being a working mom is HARD. H-A-R-D.
- Trying to do it all – even the best moms need help. That doesn’t make you a bad mom either. It’s important to have a village.

I think it will be fun to see how these list grow and all the fun things I get to add this coming next year.
But, more than anything… I love being a mom. And more specifically I love being Mason’s mom.









No comments:

Post a Comment