Instead of traditional Christmas presents this year Thomas and I opted to pay to find out whether we would buying Bows or Baseballs for baby Godfrey. One of my friends from high schools’ sister just opened her own 3D and 4D ultrasound place, My Baby Bump Imaging. It was the best experience ever. We invited my family and some of Thomas’ family to join in on all the fun.
After everyone got there I climbed up on the table and they dimmed the lights. The ultrasound was projected onto the adjacent wall for everyone to see.
There “bump” was! I couldn’t believe that – that was our baby! It had gotten so big! About 3 minutes into the ultrasound Whitnie smiled and said, “I know exactly what baby is but I want to find a good shot before I tell you.” She knew! Just like that and she knew what bump was and in a few seconds so would we.
And just like that – there “it” was! In between two little chicken legs was a little boy wiener! We are having a BOY!
My eyes started watering immediately – I couldn’t be more elated! Obviously we wanted a healthy baby; boy or girl, but selfishly I really wanted a boy first. I love my husband so much and I was not ready to share him with another girl. Laugh if you may but I know that he would have been wrapped around her little finger and now instead he will have a little mini-me. Not to mention… I don’t think he could have handled two of me. I am the oldest and was pretty controlling and bossy as a kid (and nothing much has changed as an adult haha!) I was always way older than my own good and loved to be around grown ups – as much fun as it may have been I am soo thrilled for this new adventure.
Mason (eek! That’s sooo cool!) will be the first boy on the Bentley/Benites side. I am super excited for all of the fun and crazy things having a boy will bring. I am a little nervous about the dirt and bugs but I assume I will get through that. I mean Tucker isn’t exactly the most typical “boy” (dog.)
Anywho … Thomas and I are very excited and cant wait for Mason to be here!







No comments:
Post a Comment