Image Map

Dancing the night away... as Mr. and Mrs. Godfrey.

25 July 2010

Thomas and I really enjoyed taking pictures at the temple. Everyone left and headed off to Angel Park while Thomas and I stayed around with Mindy to take some pictures. Kiera and Val were a big help! I have to admit I was kind of nervous with some of the things Mindy had us doing! But I knew that she was the photo genius, not me,  and that things would be just fine!!

Finally we arrived at Angel Park! It was so stinkin’ hot!! The bridal party tried to get as many pictures out of the way as we could before the ceremony! Thomas and I wanted to make sure that we took full advantage of the before time because we most definitely didn’t want to miss or delay the reception from starting! That’s the best part!
Sitting in the dressing room was so surreal. It was “the big day.”  We all sat in there and waited as the clock ticked second by second. It  was finally time to get ready for the wedding precession. I had to try and stay hidden from everyone and that was so hard for me!! I didn’t want to miss everyone walking down the isle.  Everyone looked SO good that night! I loved the girls dresses and the guys totally rocked their ties!


Then.. it was the moment I had dreamed of forever. My dad and I linked arms and took that first step. It was so magical. We giggled and whispered the whole way down the isle.  The song I walked down the isle was one that Thomas and I both love. The lyrics were so perfect, for us;

You could've bowed out gracefully
But you didn't
You knew enough to know
To leave well enough alone
But you wouldn't
I drive myself crazy
Tryin' to stay out of my own way
The messes that I make
But my secrets are so safe
The only one who gets me
Yeah, you get me
It's amazing to me


 How every day
Every day, every day
You save my life.

Not exactly your typical song but we liked it. My dad gave me the biggest kiss and let go. Ahhh.  The next 20 minuets were kind of a blur for me. Partly because all I could focus on was the sweat dripping down my lower back and rolling off my kneecaps. Bishop Burt did a fabulous job that day! I was so happy he was there that day and could be a part of our special day.  We said “Yes…” to something and exchanged rings, kissed in front of everyone and were presented as “Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Godfrey…”  That was the coolest thing! We turned, faced our family and friends and gracefully walked down the isle, hand in hand, husband and wife. It was a beautiful, beautiful, ceremony.


A little after eight we made our grand entrance to, “This Will Be,” by Natalie Cole and danced our way onto the dance floor. At long last we got to sit and EAT! The food was so good! After dinner Thomas and I shared in our first dance. Amazed by Lonestar.

We cut our beautiful cake… listened to the toasted…shed a few tears and danced the night away!


I loved every single minute of our wedding. We definitely wanted to thank everyone for coming and supporting us on our special day!

Thomas and Samantha Godfrey, est. June 26th, 2010. 


No comments:

Post a Comment