Image Map

Blissful Breakdown.

19 October 2009

Well... Sunday was quite eventful. We woke up a little earlier then we normally do being that is was stake conference. Normally any normal person would see Stake Conference as a "day off" but Thomas definitely insisted on being there because he was going to be sustained to an Elder. I had kind of a rough morning. I did NOT want to go to Stake Conference and gave everyone who stood in my way a bit of a "tude" until i got there. Once I was there I was at peace. Thomas was soo happy. He had a different kind of "glow," for lack of a better word. He has been so diligent lately and so spiritual. He's going to make a great patriarch for our future family.

After Stake Conference we headed to Mt. Charleston to meet with the wedding planer at the resort. It was so beyond beautiful. Going to Mt. Charleston was our first step in the "wedding planning" and I'm not sure how ready for it I really am. The tour was great and we left there with only a few questions. But what we did leave with was this burden of knowledge of prices which was a bit overwhelming. The linens, soda, napkins, people and servers -- everything costs an arm and a leg. Its so hard to be excited with the thought of money looming in the back of your mind.

When I got home I was so excited so share all the new stuff I had just learned with Mom (and Dad.) But then dad started chiming in and shooting down all of my ideas. And needless to say he wasn't being quiet or sane. He is soo exciting for me to get married but is definitely worried about the financial responsibilities that come with being the father of the bride. He wants to make sure I have the PERFECT wedding and wants me to be the princess. And for me I didn't want my wedding to be something that brought debit onto my parents plate. I tried so hard to keep things low cost for my parents. I've paid for my own college, car payments, lap top, etc. I had always known Mom and Dad would pay for my wedding but it kills me to have to know they are going to be burdened by me.

Seems like this post is long enough.. until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Thomas on the priesthood! We are so proud and happy for Thomas! We wish you could have sat by us. Good luck with the wedding planning, it will work out for you guys, you are both such awesome people, it has to!!

    ReplyDelete