Being almost twenty its funny to me that i still LOVE babysitting just as much as i did when i was 13.
Thomas and I love spending time babysitting together more then going out to dinner or seeing the latest movie. Its something about giving service to those who we admire and the kids and families we love. I guess for us we realize how important it is to focus on us, as a couple, and school after we get married. And.. well the other details of growing up like having to pinch pennies while paying for rent and utilities. Learning to live with one another and "let live" with one another...And.. learning to love the stupid little quirks each of us have like -- Thomas rolling up his sleeves and not unrolling them before throwing his shirt in the dirty clothes. Or my constant nagging about everything and ANYTHING (poor guy...) And my indecisive attitude towards every dinner meal we have to choose to eat.
But this past Saturday we spent a wonderful 6 hours at the Houston's house babysitting Cater (7), Peyton (4), Brookie (1 1/2) and Madi (1). Its soo delightful to see Thomas in a (partial) "parenting" role. He still has a lot to learn but has grow up so much since we babysat the Taylor's for the first time. Now to see the his face light up when he sees Madi walk over to him or watching him read book after book to cute little Brookie trying to push aside any little bit of annoyance he may feeling.
I guess long story short is.. I'm almost 20, yes twenty, and LOVE babysitting. And.. I am engaged to the most amazing man ever. I don't know how I could have gotten so lucky....He's perfect for me.
One of our favorite songs to sing is Josh Gracin's "We Weren't Crazy."
"We were (are) young, we were (are) wild, we were (are) restless
Had to go, had to fly - had to get away- took a chance on that feelin’ - baby
We were (are) lovin’ blind - borderline reckless
We were (are) livin’ for the minute we were (are) spinnin’ in
Maybe we were (are) a lot of things
But we weren't (AREN'T) crazy"
I love our fairytale story....the one where we live happily ever after. Forever and Ever. Always and Always.

No comments:
Post a Comment