Image Map

Meet Jiffy & Skippy.

28 August 2013

While taking inventory of Mason’s stuff from my baby shower one of the things I noticed is that he didn’t get a lot of “toys.” Thomas and I don’t like clutter and so we really wanted to keep anything “stuffed” to a minimum {as in we would have not a single stuffed animal if it were up to us.} We did, however, register for a few education type of toys like, Scout the talking puppy, etc. When Mason about 6 weeks old he was already loving his tummy time activity mat and would keep himself entertained for about 20-25 minutes at a time. But then he wanted something else.

That’s when I found “Sophie the Giraffe.” I had been seeing her on a lot of the blogs I follow. This giraffe seemed to be everywhere. In the car seat, bath tub, couch, etc. I was very intrigued. So, I googled – infant giraffle toy. And low and behold there was “Sophie.”

My mom and I were at Sam’s Club doing some shopping for Mason’s baby blessing and we strolled down the baby isle to get some diapers and whipes. That when I saw “Sophie!” No way! Here is this giraffe again. I decided  - what the heck! Lets get Mason one. And boy am I happy we did.

Upon bringing “Sophie” home we quickly decided we were going to need to rename this new toy because we already had a “Sophie” and didn’t want to confuse Mason or ourselves. We decided on Jiffy! Jiffy the Giraffe. Now, the set that we bought actually came with TWO “Sophie’s.” One of which is the traditional one and the other like a plush toy. {Not a stuffed animal though.}

We started bringing Jiffy and the newly named plush giraffe Skippy everywhere we went. They would always ride in the car seat with Mason and often got tossed onto the floor during tummy time. Mason didn’t do much with them for the first week but by about day number nine with the new additions Mas started recognizing them. And in turn touched them and moving them and holding them.

Sophie the giraffe is a sensory toy – the color contrasting, smooth texture, squeeking sound, numbing limbs to chew one, etc. Now that Mason is about 7.5 weeks old he puts Jiffy in his mouth or simply rests him arm around "him" while riding in the car. 




















post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment