I remember one evening while driving back from a trip to Arizona with my best friend’s family getting a text from, “Thomas Godfrey.” I could see the lights of Las Vegas off in the distance. My phone was sitting on my lap when I got a text from Thomas. Val looked over at me and asked who it was. I remember snickering before giving my response – “Oh, it’s just Thomas Godfrey.” Val & Thomas were in journalism together and actually had a past. {Long story short – and to spare any embarrassing details. Thomas asked Val to homecoming and she had other plans. Hehe. } She looked at me a little confused when his name rolled off my lips.
Our texting happened very randomly over the next few weeks. At times some texts were more random than others. I thought he was just bored. I remember another late afternoon sitting in the dining room at my parents folding laundry when Thomas and I were texting back and forth about silly stuff I am sure. We got onto the topic of my upcoming vacation. I was going to be heading to Arizona to visit my aunt and take my mom by NAU. Thomas happened to be spending the summer in Arizona with his sister while attending API.
Flash forward a few days-- on the drive to Arizona I was sitting in the front seat and texting with Thomas. The next thing I know Thomas suggested we hang out while I was in Scottsdale. I ran the idea by my mom and committed to the date.
That Sautrday I made a special trip to Target and bought a whole new outfit. New shirt, wedges, Capris, necklace etc. I was so excited. Our date was going to be simple; we were going to grab some dinner and then go play a round of miniature golf. Sounded like a lot of fun. I got ready way too early - I was
And then it happened. I could feel this perma-smile on my face shrink. My phone vibrated and as I looked down at it I saw it was a text from Thomas. He was canceling. He was bailing on our date. He claimed to be having car trouble – and when he asked his sister to borrow her car she said no. Funny how things happen. I was pretty bummed – I am not going to lie. We ended up leaving the next day and making a quick trip to NAU and the African safari. Overall, our girls trip ended pretty well. But I was still pretty bummed.
*Being married to the guy now for almost 3 years we still look back on this and laugh. We have yet to be able to go on our mini – golfing date. We have tried a few other times to get something planned but something always comes up or we end up heading home after dinner. But never the less the poor guy won’t ever be able to live this down.
Here is the only picture I could find from that weekend - but... you can totally see my new outfit! Haha!
{to be continued}



He did have car trouble and I had work haha :) no lies there!
ReplyDelete