What’s going on with the Godfrey’s right now?
Well… let’s see…
Thomas has been studying A LOT lately! He’s had a test a week for the past THREE consecutive weeks! After tomorrow we have a bit of a break until his next exam which will be nice for T.
I got a CALLING in church! Drum roll please……. RELIEF SOCIETY TEACHER! Blah!!! No, no! I am actually LOVING it!! I gave my first lesson on October 8th and it went SO great! [Thank goodness!] I had to teach the first lesson on “Finding Faith in Jesus Christ – and boy did I learn a lot! There is an excerpt from my lesson on my ward blog – check it out! Mt. Edge Relief Society I also just found out that one of my close friends, Chels, is a relief society teacher too! So, hopefully we’ll have some time to bounce ideas off each other before my next lesson!
Nana and I are gearing up for a HUGE yard sale on Friday October 29th! We have LOTS [and lots and lots] of clothes! Mostly Thomas’ shirts and things he’s out grown and some stuff from my parent’s house too! I am really excited to spend the day with my Nana! It will be a lot of fun!
Thomas just returned to work from a week long vacation! He spent a lot of his time at school of coarse, studying for an exam [the one that is tomorrow] and CLEANING! He was such a TROOPER! He cleaned the down stairs one day and then our bedroom another day. It was such a blessing to come home to a spotless bedroom! Tuck and his chew toys had been driving me bonkers and Thomas took the time to clean things up. I have to admit I cried like a little girl when I walked upstairs and everything was spotless! Had the bathroom been clean he just might have gotten lucky, haha. [But really Thomas, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!] Friday we spent the entire day TOGETHER, on my day off! We didn’t get dressed until 3 o’clock – SO nice!
SUPER SATURDAY is only 2 weeks away!! I gave myself the day off -- and I signed up for 6 crafts – (3) Christmas presents and three for myself! Thomas said it was okay that I spent the $80.00 considering I am making THREE Christmas presents too…. Thanks honey!!
My visiting teachers stopped by for the first time – and boy are they GREAT! I know I am not the easiest person to teach. My schedule is kind of crazy but they came by on Friday and it was so refreshing to just get a chance to chat for a little while. Aimee is planning a temple and breakfast trip for November 13th. I am SO bummed I wont be able to make it! Nick will be out of the branch on vacation and I will need to be there that day. I am REALLY bummed – another day I hope!
Lets see…. What else?
I am in a church music mood a lot lately! Loving Hillary Weeks, Cherie Call and a lot of EFY melodies.
I am really missing my girl friends a LOT. Valerie Foyston, Chelsey Evans, Elise Barth, Rachel Scroggins and Kiera Newman. Some days my heart just aches. It’s so hard not having them in Las Vegas! Some days I just wish they were down the street or that we could meet for smoothies or dinner… But, thank gosh for TECHNOLOGY!
FALL IS HERE! Or at least some days it is!?! I just love spending the night with the balcony door open; the breeze is soo nice. We have had our A/C off since the first of October. Hopefully we will see a big change in our power bill! But… like my mama taught me – from October till January keep it off and in the mean time on hot nights, open the doors and windows before bed. On the cold mornings add another layer of blankets to the bed and SNUGGLE up baby!
I have such an “itch” to make a cute wreath!! I have been looking at Tatertots and Jello [turned on to me by the fabulous WhipperChicks!] They have some of the CUTEST wreaths! I am thinking about heading to JoAnns and taking the time to go to my wards “Unfinished Crafts Night” this month and really sitting down and making one! Ill have to post my progress!
![]() |
| Modern Wreath |
![]() |
| Halloween Wreath |
![]() |
| Prettty?! |
Well, it’s late and I have posted (3) posts today – can you tell I miss blogging? I will do better this month about blogging!






No comments:
Post a Comment