Image Map

On the Mind of the Mrs.

26 October 2010

I spent my afternoon today talking to Val! It was such so great being able to sit, dicuss, ponder, reflect and just really let our worries and frustrations of the past week(s) melt away. 

Talking with her gives me an opportunity to really tell it how it is and in turn she's does the exact same; she gives me honest feedback - of which is never biased. Today's conversations got to a point in which we were talking about relationships. 

Think for a moment of a typical relationship. Often 50% of the relationship is give and the other is take; right? Well what do you do when one of the people in the relationship because a bit too "needy"? (for lack of a better word) 

This is something that I have been struggling with for some time and I'm just blah...... What do you think? 

I guess an example would be a good friend, we'll call her Macy. Well, Macy is struggling with the everyday crap: work, a husband, friends, co workers, etc. I do love spending time with Macy but sometimes life just gets in the way! (Why life does that I don't have a clue...ha ha) So...then Macy starts subtly sending me text messages saying she's thinking of me or she wants to go meet for pedicures. Let's be real right now for a second.... I would LOVE a pedicure but some weeks its just NOT feasible. Whether its cash or timing its just not something that can work out. So I apologize for not being available and express that I would truly love to spend time with her (which I really would) but I'm just really really busy.  So...what happens next? Macy gets to feeling a little left out; maybe even a little hurt -- was I trying to hurt Macy? No! Most definitely not but unfortunately the hurt feelings arise anyways and now what? Now I feel like a shmuck!! 


But her needy and sometimes a bit random text messages get me annoyed and push me away from making the effort. And then one Tuesday we meet for lunch and I remember again how much I really love spending time with her and kick myself in the butt for not making time before; yet after TODAY...what happens again? Macy sends me a text about how I'm blowing her off and don't I care about her as a friend anymore. 


So, once again, Sam is irritated!  Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment