Image Map

Because she's the best.

10 November 2009

So.. Ive had this post in the "draft" section for quite some time now... Not because I havent wanted to post it but more so because i felt like i was missing something.. and it wasn't just right yet. Its hard to some up all the feelings and emotions I have without started to cry or beginning to chuckle... I know it I may be biassed but.. i'd have to say that my best friend is the best.

Valerie Rose De Angelo, soon to be Foyston, is one of the most amazing woman (weird to say "woman" but ill go with it,) i have ever had the privilege of knowing. We get each other like no one else gets me. Often we complete each other's sentences before the other is even able to get the words to come out. She is one of the only people who will let me be completely irrational and throw a fit without judging me or finding fault.

We were supposed to go away to college together well over a year and a half ago and sometimes... i wake up out of a dead sleep -- balling my eyes out. I remember the night I told her i wasn't going to be able to go with her to NAU. If you could have only seen the two of us. It was like we were high school sweethearts breaking up before prom. It was beyond devastating. (thinking about that night makes me want to cry, even today) Some of me still thinks that our friendship changed forever that night. On one hand... I feel like i lost a part of "us" that neither of us will ever get back. On the other hand.. it was probably the BEST decision I could have ever made. Not for me though, but for Val. Me not going to Flag made Val have to set away from her comfort zone and venture out into the real world all by herself. Something in which she has done an amazing job at doing. Since being in Flagstaff Val has made some amazing friends. Friends in which she has had to live with, cook with, sleep with, study with and "deal" with. But more importantly friends who have made lasting memories with. Memories, i am not in. Which some days is harder then others to accept.

With a lot of growing up happening comes a lot of big changes.

Val and I are currently engaged. (And no, not to each other.. haha) but rather to two extremely amazing and exceptional men. Both of which hold the priesthood, treat us like queens and love us beyond measure. Soon we will be planning and ironing out the hectic wedding plans and beginning to think and act like wives.

When i think about these daunting yet extremely exciting tasks at hand.. there isnt a single person i would rather have by my side, hand in hand, then Val.

Sam & Val

some of the "us" things

For us music is EVERYTHING. Bad day, good day, stressful or emotional day --
Music is OUR answer. There isnt a problem that music CANT fix.
Golden Spoon -- all i have to say is LOVE it.
Pictures. -- the perfect picture can say a thousand words
Ross & Target, oh the temptation
Cozy sweats and pony tails
Brazilian dancing and walks at the park
Smartwater
"HOT" Rice
Planners and organization
Pens and highlighters are a necessity


Only to name a few but theses are some of my favorite things about our friendship.

Im soooo lucky to have Val in my life. I dont know where i would be today without her. Im so lucky to have her by my side.

Through thick and thin


1 comment:

  1. Now I'M crying!!! I love being your best friend and I can't wait for winter break so we can FINALLY wedding plan together. I'm brining ALL of my magazines and we can bounce ideas for annoucements, cakes, dresses, pictures, colors, decorations, wedding bands, fiance's, guest books, receiving lines, locations and SO MUCH MORE off of each other and get the REAL opinions on each of those things. (I think we're the only ones who are completely honest with each other.) I am so so so excited! I love you and miss you and am about to go blast ladies choice to fix this!

    ReplyDelete