While Thomas was still in Arizona he and his sister and boyfriend at the time drove down to Vegas for the weekend. While he was here we decided to finally give that first date another try. We didn’t go anywhere glamorous or fancy but instead went out to dinner with his mom, step dad, grandma and grandpa and sister. It was quite an evening! We met at Thomas’ mom’s house and spent a little bit of time hanging out. It was a little awkward because I could tell Thomas was nervous. We went to a pub for dinner. After dinner we headed back home for some games. We ended up playing battle of the sexes and the girls of coarse won.
We ended the night by enjoying a movie on the couch. We said good night that evening and the entire car ride home I had butterflies. I can’t remember the last time I had butterflies.
Thomas was packing up and heading back to Arizona early the next morning. I was a tad bit sad that he wasn’t going to be around for the rest of the summer.
We were texting back and forth as he was driving back to AZ. Talking about school and how excited we were to be seniors, Thomas gearing up for his last season of high school baseball, a fun filled year with student council, etc.
That’s when I got it. I picked up my phone and read, “Will you be my girlfriend?” I cant exactly remember what I initially thought in that exact moment because it was more than seven year ago now but thinking about it now… did he really ask me to be his girlfriend in a text message? Classy Thomas, classy!
But, I said YES. So clearly it wasn’t too lame I suppose.
Who knew that my life would forever be changed with one simple text message.



No comments:
Post a Comment