Image Map

Becoming a mama.

05 December 2013


I haven’t really taken a chance to write down my journey “into” motherhood. Becoming a mom has been one of the best things I have ever done in my entire life that is next to marrying my amazing husband. In that moment when they handed me that little gooey baby I was smitten.

As the days went on I knew I loved that little baby boy but I was a little distraught. A bunch of my favorite bloggers whose blogs I read often had also just had babies. After reading about their journeys into motherhood and how much they loved their babies instantly and how connected they felt to them I was worried that something was wrong with me. Don’t get me wrong; like I said, I love love loved that little boy but somehow it didn’t feel real. I wasn’t suffering from any of those crazy postpartum emotions or anything but I just felt like I was super lucky to be able to babysit this cute and amazing baby. How come it didn’t feel like he was mine? I knew I wasn’t crazy when Thomas mentioned he felt the same way on night before bed. All we knew and could agree on was that we were unbelievably blessed. 




Flash forward a month or so and it finally sank in. What an amazing feeling! It’s crazy how much you could love someone. I can’t even explain how much I enjoyed being able to spend every single day with that little boy. His smile instantly melts my heart and words can’t describe the feeling I get when he does something for the first time. Becoming a mom, specifically Mason’s mom, has helped me to keep a more eternal perspective in my day to day life. I feel like right now we are constantly looking to that next milestone for Mason. Someone mentioned to me the other day to, “Sit back and enjoy the here and now. Don’t wish away these moments and these days you will never get this time back.” 








I am so thankful that Heavenly Father blessed me with the ability to be a mother. I am so thankful for my sweet little boy. I can’t wait for all the fun to come!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment