After I had Mason the countdown was on until Missy had “baby girl.”
I love being a mom but was longing to be an aunt to that sweet little babe. Missy and Justin spent the weekend before the baby was born at moms – just relaxing and staying close just in case baby girl arrived sooner. The doctor cleared them to head back to Logandale and lay low until her scheduled induction date on 09/16/2013.
Well, baby girl had different plans. Missy’s water broke really early on Wednesday morning and they headed into Vegas.
It was baby day! I was going to be an aunt to that sweet little girl.
I spent the day at work and left around 3 pm to head to the hospital. It was so nice to be able to visit with her for a little while. She was a bit uncomfortable but so strong. We left and headed home for a little while and gave Missy and Justin some time. Upon arriving back at the hospital Missy wasn’t progressing very quickly.
The nurse came and in and joked that all the other moms had already delivered their baby and Missy was the only one left. “Lets get this show on the road,” she joked. Around 5:00 they called the doctor and got the approval for her to start pushing. Our family joke is that Missy is our pioneer. She is unbelievably strong; both mentally and physically. I was sooo proud of her the entire time.
At 5:45 baby girl had finally arrived. Missy and baby were both great. It wasn’t planned at all but at the last minute Missy asked me to stay in the room and take some pictures of the baby when they were weighing her and cleaning her up. I am so grateful I was able to stay and capture those sweet tender moments. They took baby girl away for about two hours while they cleaned her up and got her ready to snuggle with mom and dad.
Baby girl was “baby girl” until only a few hours before they left the hospital. Finally, after much consideration baby girl had a name. Macie Marie, only a few hours after being named, headed with mom and dad home to the farm.







No comments:
Post a Comment