Ever since Thomas and I started talking about having kids we always talked about having a baby boy first. When I found out I was pregnant Thomas and I talked about what we each wanted. Ultimately we didn’t care what the sex was as long as the babe was healthy. Secretly, deep down I hoped it was a boy. When people would ask I would joyfully explain how much I wanted a little boy. My response was pretty consistent, “I don’t want to share Thomas yet. And I know if we have a little girl first he would love her more and be wrapped around her little finger.” People would laugh at my response.
I. Was. Dead. Serious.
As selfish as it sounded I just wasn’t ready for a little girl and not to mention I am the oldest and I am just like my mom. I know that this little girl would be very much like me and lets be real; Thomas couldn’t handle two of me. (Love you babe!)
Fast forward a few weeks to our ultrasound. We all gathered together – Team Boy and Team Girl. Thomas adorningly wore pink in hopes of a little girl (although if you ask him now he would say he didn’t care but “just wore pink.”) I sported my blue sequence shirt and blue “Baby Boy” sticker. We held our breath as Whit scanned “bump.” And it’s a ….BOY! Tears! Tears streamed down my cheeks and I am pretty sure I squealed like a little girl in a candy store.
A few months later the reality set in. What the heck am I going to do with a boy? I am one of three girls. I have a bunch of girl cousins. Thomas has a sister. The closest contact I have ever had with boys is Tucker. I think that Tucker and a baby boy are a little different. His parts are going to be different. He’s going to smell and have sticky socks in his room. Oh, socks… don’t even get me started on the treasures I will find in his room when he is older. But, I wanted a boy.
Any ways, so… now that Mason is 4 months old I have witnessed some pretty tender moments. Moments between Thomas and Mason. I love seeing those two boys together. There is nothing more that I love than to lay in bed and see the two of them giggling or snuggling together. My heart is so full. Thomas is such a great dad. He gets up with Mason each night and doesn’t complain. He loves Mason so much and it shines clear through when he looks at him. As a mom I know that there will be some things that I just wont understand because “it’s a boy thing,” but I am so lucky to have Thomas by my side through the journey.
I love my boys so much and am beyond grateful to be "their girl."
Just a boy and his dad….






















No comments:
Post a Comment