Image Map

Baby G | 38 Weeks!

05 June 2013

This week, Baby is the size of a: Watermelon (still…)

How far along? 38 weeks!
**Only 1 week 2 days to go**

Due date: 06/14/2013

Total weight gain/loss: I lost 2 pounds since my last prenatal appointment which was very welcomed news

Maternity clothes: I am hanging in there with those things currently in my closet.

Overall, I have purchased:
(1) pair of maternity work slacks
(4) Maternity work shirts – 1 of which is still gigantic. Sad!
(1) swim suit – must have!
(1) sleep/nursing bra
(2) day time/everyday {nursing} bras
Otherwise I have been lucky enough to make everything else just work. I have been spending a lot more time in dresses. They have made getting ready and going to work so much easier.

Sleep: If it weren’t for the horrible pain in my hips – things would be great. They say that moms should sleep on their left side because it is better for Mom and baby. Well, I noticed over the past few months that I just don’t last on my left side very long. Sometimes I even get a little dizzy and sick to my stomach. I would just normally roll over to the right side and be good to go. Well, in a recent trip to the hospital (that’s another story) the nurse was monitoring Mason’s heart rate and asked me to roll to the left side for a better read. Instantly, his heart rate fell off. She looked worried. I giggled a little and said – maybe I should have told you baby boy doesn’t like when I lay on my left side. Needless to say we physically confirmed that Mason does not like mama’s left side.

Movement: The little buddy is very very active! So active he gave us a little scare and we had to go straight to the hospital after a weekly check up. Mason’s heart rate was all over the place. 160 – then – 122 – then 155 – then 109. So, we headed to the hospital to get check with the official fetal monitors and confirmed that everything was ok and that he was just an active little boy.

Cravings: Cherries! Cold fresh cherries!

Food Aversions: I am a little burnt out from Taco Bell… oops!

Symptoms: I am definitely feeling pretty tired these days. I am still working full time and averaging about 47 hours a week. Some days I can barely make it through my work day without feeling like I could hibernate in the dark lunch room. Otherwise…. Honestly things are okay.

Gender: Baby boy!

Feeling toward Pregnancy: I. Am. Very. Impatient. I just want this cute little boy out of me! I want to be able to kiss him and snuggle him. Every since I packed my hospital bag I have been beyond anxious. I think the term “full term” at 37 weeks has thrown me for a loop. Now that he is “full term” I just want him to be here.

What I miss: I do miss being able to wear one of my regular sports bras – a few times I would love to just lounge around and wear one of them but unfortunately none of them fit quite right these days.

What I am looking forward to: 1 and a half weeks to go – need I say more. Thomas is working so hard to finish Mason’s nursery and things are coming along wonderfully! I am looking forward to going to the hospital and actually using those items that I packed in my hospital bag too!


**And my poor chalk board is still alive and well. I have just been so so busy. Week 39 will have a chalkboard update!**
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment