Image Map

And then there was FIVE!

01 December 2012

Thomas and I are soooo excited to announce that we are EXPECTING! Baby G, or Bump, is estimated to arrive in June 2013. And we couldn’t be happier!

I just have to share this little tender moment real quick... We had just come home from a long weekend away. When we got home on Sunday we were talking and decided that by tomorrow if nothing had changed I would take a test. As the night continued we both were soo antsy, especially Thomas. We decided, what the heck! Lets test! Mind you it was 9:30 at night – empty bladder. I sat in the bathroom, chugged four bottles of water and waited. The minutes felt like hours. Still nothing. Finally … a few drops. Not enough to activate the test. We wait. I wait. Lay on the bed for a few minutes. The urge. Go now. And then… a few drops. Seriously? 10:50 still not enough. Breathe. Relax. Pee!!

When I finally went enough to activate the test I laid it on the floor. Then I closed my eyes and waited. I have only taken a couple tests before and every time I peeked. This time I made sure to not peek. 1…2…3… open. Pregnant! What!? Wait. Seriously? Me?

My body became warm and full of fuzziness. I sat in awe and in complete silence. I collected myself. Finished my business and opened the door. Thomas was sitting so patiently in bed. I tossed the (capped) test onto the bed. It landed about a foot from him. He leaned forward, grabbed the test and looked it over very closely.

OH MY GOSH!? ARE YOU SERIOUS? BABE! OH MY GOSH!?

By now he started to pace the bedroom a bit until I walked into the room. I was leaning on the wall of the entry to the bathroom just observing. And then… it happened.

He wrapped his arms around me tighter than he ever has and whispered the sweetest things into my ear. He kept saying how much he loved me and how happy he was. And then a few tears fell.

We were (are) having a baby!




No comments:

Post a Comment