Thomas recently moved from the Red Rock banking center to the South Rainbow location. It was hard for him to say goodbye but he has really settled into the new branch. No one will ever be able to replace “his girls” but I enjoy hearing all about the new people he works with. Sometimes I think about how weird it is that I know what I do about them and have only seen them once. For example, his boss Crystal… I have only met once. But I have learned that she is a good coach, expects that her team performs (like any manager), LOVES shopping and shoes, is married to someone from another country and just bought a new car. Thomas really enjoys the new staff and location. He sees friends from high school all the time; I’m not sure how much he enjoys that but I think its pretty cool! And…. More then anything our bank account is really enjoying Thomas being at the new center. It is quite a trek out to Charleston and the 215; Rainbow and Warm Springs is soo much nicer.
Aside from work Thomas had a pretty laid back summer. He has been adjusting quite well to being a husband if I do say so myself. He is such a big helper and doesn’t grunt too much when I ask him to switch loads of wash, again. One of the first wedding presents we bought was a grill… and he sure does enjoy using that! He has almost mastered grilled chicken and enjoys the time he gets to spend outside. Until just recently we were making a really good team when it came to dinner. I would come home and make some kind of side and vegetable and Thomas would take care of the meat, mainly chicken because I don’t like red meat very much. But needless to say… things are good and T is good.
Things with me have been kind of the same. I am suffering from that never ending “cold.” It goes and comes as it pleases and linger more when my stress level is high. Val left during the end of July and has been gone for a little over a month. Its insane how much I miss her and having her around. But I really enjoy and look forward to every chance that I get to chat with her. I have tried to make it a point to talk to my mom at least once every other day. Things would be easier if she answered her phone though… we can all wish right? J
I recently got promoted on July 1st to be a Service Manager for Wells Fargo. Since then I have been working out of the Southern Highlands office; business as usual. The staff there, or shall I say lack there of, is the only thing keeping me from going to Maryland Parkway and Sierra Vista, my new branch. I am so excited for the new position and cant wait to get my hands dirty!!
But… other then work my summer has been pretty easy going. I am really settling into this whole wife thing! I didn’t know how much I would TRULY love it! Its been so fun! I don’t think we even hit the “honeymoon” stage because things just feel so natural already. There is always something to do around the house and always another load of laundry to be done, so I stay pretty busy!
I promise to get better about blogging! I for sure thought once we ere married that blogging would come so easy…. NOT! It’s almost just as hard!

No comments:
Post a Comment