Image Map

Goodbye May, Hello June!

04 June 2010

Thomas and I spent our last weekend in May in Utah camping with my family. My dad decided that he wanted to make a trip to Coral Pink Sand Dunes; somewhere we haven’t been in FOREVER! My family got out there Friday evening whereas Thomas and I didn’t even get to leave our house until EIGHT o’clock Friday night. We were a little nervous able driving to an unfamiliar place so late at night but knew that we’d end up being okay.

Once we got to St. George we had to make a stop at our most favorite St. George spot, Iceberg!!  All I can say is yummy -- FRY SAUCE and MILK SHAKES!! After passing through Colorado City Dad’s directions were to turn left on “Cannnave. …something..”  I knew that I recognized our surroundings but I just wasn’t feeling 100% about the turn. So, we traveled a little bit more and came across a LEFT turn on a street called “Cananan.” PERFECT, or so I thought! As we turned left and started down the street we were greeted with this lovely sign “NO TRESPASSING. Trespassers will be shot. And if live will be shot AGAIN.”  Pleasant right?! It took Thomas 1.5 seconds before he had the car in reverse!  Needless to say, we had a little bit further to go!

Finally, we found the road! The beginning was paved which I wasn’t expecting but about 7 5 miles down the payment ended and the long dirt road, which I remember, picked up. We got to the trailer/camp site a little passed 11:30 and were greeted by my dad and Bill who were outside fixing Bill’s trailer. If words could only express the look on my dads face when he saw my car pull into the meadows that night… it was so refreshing and gratifying. He was really happy that Thomas and I BOTH got the entire weekend off! 

 Saturday was pretty relaxing the girls all took a quick trip into Kanab for our “book store run.” After the book store we went over to the grocery store to pick up a few things and headed back to camp. Luckily for the trip because T and I totally forgot to bring shampoo and conditioner for the showers! 


Sunday was by far my FAVORITE day!! We went on the “annual” trail ride and (3) mile hike to the Pictographs. It was so fun to actually “work out” while we were gone.  There were about 20 of us on the hike and lots of babies too! I was so impressed with Evan and Peyton! They are only 4 and did just as good, if not better, then us out of shape adults! By the time we got back to the quads after the hike we were all DEAD! I don’t think any of us regret doing the hike but definitely a little more then we had planned for that’s for sure!  Sunday was also my favorite because I got to ride on the back of the quad with Thomas; something I’ve never done before. It was so  amazing to see how much he really enjoyed riding! I think he was a little annoyed with my towards the beginning of the ride because I was critiquing his driving abilities just a little.  But it was one of the most fun things I’ve even done with Thomas.


All I could think about as we were riding together was just how excited I am to be marrying him. I don’t think I could see myself being as comfortable and trusting of my life with any other person. He’s grown up so much and I am so grateful to know that he will be the one taking care of my for the rest of my life and all eternity!

Well, I think I am going to stop with Sunday night because as Monday morning his things really changed! And long story short there was a lot of feelings hurt and crying because I was so emotionally unstable.  But, I  did think it was important to mention this last thing….

My dad and Thomas have gotten SO close! My dad really-really likes Thomas and Thomas is really coming around to loving my dad and loving spending time with him. If this weekend showed me nothing else, it made me realize just how excited my dad is to have Thomas as his son (in law) **Which by the way, my dad doesn’t add the “in-law” when talking about Thomas which is SO cool, I think.**  At the end of the trip Thomas made comments that he too was really starting to love the relationship that him and my dad are creating.


We are already counting down the day until our next trip to Coral Pink! 

No comments:

Post a Comment