Image Map

First birthday bash. | Mason is one!

25 August 2014



First off, why did I feel like planning this birthday party was like planning a prom? Everyone has sense told me that by the 4th kid they are lucky if they get a picture and a cake. No way!? Ha ha. Mason’s birthday was so much fun! I think my most favorite was his birthday invites.

The day of was a little breezy but the overcast clouds made for some perfect weather. It was still hot don’t get me wrong but gorgeous none the less.

We weren’t exactly sure how many people were for sure going to show up. We had a few text us last minute and state that they couldn’t make it. We knew either way we were going to have a blast. We ended up having a wonderful turn out and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time.

The highlight of the party was when the sprinklers turned on – mid party. Picture if you will five tables of ten chairs full of people, kids running and playing lawn games, Mason picking (yes, only picking) at his cake. Boom! Sprinklers - followed by rushing, some screams and a lot of laughing. I hurried and did the only thing I could think of and drug the high chair over to the largest sprinkler in the middle of the grass, which happened to be the one doing the most damage. Phew, okay. Dad ran into the garage and turned off the sprinklers; people were soaked.  We apologized through the laughter and everyone seemed to be in good spirits. But, way to spark up some energy huh?

I was so excited for his cake. Brianna did such an amazing job! Little buddy was just not feeling it. He was the least bit interested in the cake. I had the cleaver idea to get Macie and see if he would be interested in it if she was. They do everything together and I thought for sure he would see her eating it and smashing it and want to join in. No such luck. Macie loved it though. She is going to be so fun on her birthday!

Mason was super spoiled and got a lot of fun things. Some of his favorites have been his wood puzzles, new pj’s and toy trucks.  Thank you for all those who came and showed their love for our little one year old!






^^ Sew Darling Doll  - click here to see more ^^ 



































I am One shirt - found here
Red Sox Custom Doll - found here

No comments:

Post a Comment