Image Map

If I could keep you little.

25 February 2014

If I could keep you little
I'd hum you lullabies. 

But than I'd miss you singing 
your concert's big surprise


If I could keep you little, 
I'd hold your hand everywhere.

But then I'd miss you knowing 
"I can go.... you stay there."


If I could keep you little, 
I'd kiss your cuts and scrapes. 

But then I'd miss you learning
for your own mistakes. 


If I could keep you little, 
I'd strap you in real tight. 

But then I'd miss you swinging
from your treetop height. 


If I could keep you little, 
I'd decide on matching clothes. 

But then I'd miss you choosing
dots on top and stripes below. 


If I could keep you little, 
I'd cut your break into shapes. 

But then I'd mis you finding, 
"Hey, I like ketchup with my grapes." 


If I could keep you little, 
I'd tell you stories every night. 

But then I'd miss you reading
the words you've learned by sight. 


If I could keep you little, 
I'd push you anywhere. 

But then I'd miss you feeling 
your speed from here to there. 


If I could keep you little 
I'd pick for you a friend or or two.

But then I'd miss you finding 
friends you like who like you too! 


If I could keep you little, 
I'd keep you close to me. 

But then I'd miss you growing into 
who you're meant to be. 


Oh, Mason... you make this mommy of yours so happy! 
I love you so! 





**Text by:  "If I could keep you little... " Written by Marianne Richmond

No comments:

Post a Comment